We are hiring!
Like what you see here? Want to work for lasting change?
Check out our open positions
EC2C Executive Director
The Evanston Cradle to Career (EC2C) Initiative is seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, and experienced leader to serve as its Executive Director. EC2C is a collective Impact initiative that brings together diverse stakeholders – including school districts, municipal agencies, non-profits, and businesses – to develop a common agenda for addressing the profound inequity in our community that has resulted in an entrenched opportunity and achievement gap. Ultimately, EC2C envisions an Evanston where, by age 23, all young adults are leading healthy, satisfying, and productive lives. You can find out more about Evanston Cradle to Career via the website www.evanstonc2c.org
The Executive Director will oversee EC2C, managing outcomes through implementation of short and long-term work plans, leading communications, staffing committees, facilitating cross-sector partnerships, and managing the budget. The Executive Director will prioritize issues of equity across all areas of EC2C work, promoting equity within our partner organizations and community broadly.
The Executive Director will report to the chair of a four-person Personnel Committee appointed by the Operations Team comprised of senior executives from partnering organizations and community representatives.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Serve as a community catalyst to move Evanston toward greater equity
- Provide strong leadership in creating an equitable community
- Develop and regularly update the annual work plan aligned with the 3 year strategic plan
- Establish a system of shared accountability for achieving collective impact goals under the guidance of the Operations Team
- Support the work of EC2C working groups through structures, schedules, and monitoring progress toward goals
- Lead regular review and revision of EC2C’s strategy under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Team
- Work with staff on EC2C’s communications plan to keep partners aware of progress and raise awareness of EC2C’s impact in the community
- Serve as a key spokesperson of EC2C in the community
- Work with EC2C staff to capture and report data to inform the work of EC2C and its impact
- Ensure broad community representation in EC2C
- Identify emerging issues, and recommend changes to ensure that the initiative remains relevant and effective
- Prepare and maintain the EC2C organizational budget
- Act as a liaison to funders, soliciting collaborative grants with partner organizations, and ensuring EC2C’s long term sustainability
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s required; advanced degree preferred
- Proven record of exceptional relationship building across diverse stakeholders
- Experience in and an orientation toward strategic thinking
- Proven record of commitment to advancing equity within organizations and/or communities
- Strong organizational and time management skills for balancing competing priorities, and for directing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Experience in and passion for collective impact models
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- A highly entrepreneurial and action-oriented personality.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence and an ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Experience and past success in handling complex organizational or network change management
- Proficiency in using technology for network facilitation
- Comfort with ambiguity and a good sense of humor
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Evanston Cradle to Career’s mission
- An excellent communicator, both formal and informal, with emphasis on building and sustaining complex organizational and personal relationships
Salary is commensurate with experience and a competitive fringe benefit package
We believe in inclusion and the richness of ideas and perspectives and actively invite a diversity of candidates. The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled. For best consideration please submit the components below by February 28, 2020 to HR@Evanstonc2c.org
- A letter of application detailing the applicant’s qualifications for the position
- A current resume, including the applicant’s contact information
- Three current references (two professional and one personal)